Many of us use goals to successfully tackle challenges. And, the New Year finds many of us chatting about goals. If you are feeling that you want to set and knock out some goals…read on.
Remember complexity is the enemy of execution…so keep it simple and focus on just three (3) questions…
- What is your Current State?
- What is your desired End State?
- What are your Action Items?
- Where are you at?
- Be honest with yourself.
- Ask others to verify your Current State and confirm your self-awareness.
- Where do you want to be?
- Be sure that it is goal and not a wish. Is it an improvement or simply change?
- Crystalize your End State in a statement.
- How are you going to get there?
- Establish one to three daily Actions Items.
- Muster up the discipline and keep a journal of your progress.
It is really that simple. Now go out and “just do it”!